Currently the bureau consists of a staff with varying degrees of experience and background in healthcare advertising. By way of introduction, following are a few points about each of our backgrounds:
PRESIDENT, DIRECTOR OF MEDIA
- Mary has been planning media for the pharmaceutical industry for over 35 years. During this time she has built a wealth of media knowledge and know-how that only a few of her contemporaries in the industry can boast. She started at Grey Medical Advertising in 1974 as a media coordinator. As a freelance media consultant since 1976, Mary worked for several major healthcare companies such as Barnum Communications, KC Research, KPR, Biomedical Information, Klemtner Advertising and F. Scott Kimmich & Co. before starting MEDICAL MEDIA SERVICES, INC. Since its inception, this service bureau has had the distinct privilege of participating in the promotional efforts of over 115 clients to-date, gaining experience on countless numbers of products at all different stages of their lifecycles.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, MEDIA STRATEGY
- Ivette is the newest member of MMSI, with 15 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical advertising industry. She began her career in 1996 at Lally McFarland & Pantello (now Euro RSG Life LMP) as a traffic manager, learning everything there was to learn about in advertising. From there she moved on to account services at LLNS and Wishbone-ITP before returning to Euro RSCG Life in 2003 and finding her niche as a media planner and buyer, focusing on strategic planning, research, and competitive analysis. She has worked on various product categories including but not limited to oncology, diagnostics, gastroenterology, HIV/AIDS, dermatology, emergency medicine and cardiology. Her experience encompasses print, digital, HCP and consumer media. Ivette holds a BFA in Advertising & Public Relations from Long Island University.
SENIOR MEDIA PLANNER
- Teri is one of MMSI’s most senior media executives, providing her strong sense of commitment and extensive media background as a model of excellence to us all. She started in the pharmaceutical industry in 1979 at Carrafiello-Diehl where she was ad/traffic manager and production coordinator before moving into media planning. Over the next 15 years she sharpened her media skills as media director of Dugan/Farley Communications before coming to MMSI. She holds a BA degree in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations from the University of Dayton.
MEDIA ACCOUNTING MANAGER
- Susan joined MMSI in July 2003. Her background in business and accounting enabled MMSI to broaden its service components to include media buying on behalf of our clients with a business model that proves effective in generating significant savings revenue. She brings extensive experience from several industries, including banking and publishing. Before joining MMSI, Sue’s vast experience included a position as general business manager to the Council for Periodicals Distributors Association which represents magazine publishers and distributors in all fields regarding First Amendment issues. Sue’s diligent attention to the details of each and every media buy made at MMSI is complimented by her creative approach to streamlining our in-house reporting of advertising revenue and ultimate budget balance for our clients. Sue holds a BA in English and Education from Iona College.
- Allison joined the MMSI staff as a Media Assistant in June 2006. She quickly proved to be an asset to our service bureau and was promoted to Media Coordinator in September 2006. In this capacity she was charged with the responsibility to learn about all of the print publications and on-line advertising opportunities for healthcare professionals. Instrumental in the development and maintenance of MMSI’s extensive database of electronic media, she was promoted again in July 2009 to Assistant Media Planner, and then to Media Planner in July 2010. We have great expectations for her further growth potential here at MMSI. Allison holds a BA degree in Communications with a focus on Advertising from IONA College.
SENIOR MEDIA PLANNER
- Recently, the position of Senior Media Supervisor became vacant, as one of our staff chose to move on to another agency. We are in the process of negotiating with several of the industry’s viable candidates to fill this important position. At the moment, we are honored to rely on the expertise of freelance media planners who are helping us bridge the gap until a final offer is presented and accepted.
FREELANCE MEDIA PLANNERS
- In the past 23 years, additional support in our media planning efforts has been provided by a host of very experienced planners who have shared their wisdom to enhance the scope of MMSI.
- Among the many great media talents that have participated are: Carol Rachiele, Pat Weiner, Gloria DePalma, Barbara Parker, Patricia Switzer, Eva Byrd, Dana Taft-Ptucha, Elaine Gaffney, Gale Brugeman, Tina Menzies, Anne Pollack, Gail Kaye, Carole DeLosa and Olga Guerra.